If you have a passion for helping those who are most marginalized in our community a career with London Cares may be a great fit for you!
London Cares is a not-for-profit agency aimed at building relationships and supporting those who are experiencing homelessness making it possible to help move some of the most vulnerable people in our community from street to home. Through a low barrier, compassionate approach we build relationships and are advocates for those we work with to build bridges and connections to the resources they need in support of their success and well-being.
London Cares programming continues to grow and expand to meet the needs of the community we serve. We are seeking an experienced and driven Finance Administrator who is excited and passionate about the work of London Cares to join our team.
If you enjoy being part of a dynamic and agile organization and are ready to make an impact this role may be a great fit for you!
This is a full-time position, scheduled Monday to Friday. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, group health and dental benefits, paid sick and personal time as well as 3 weeks of vacation to start.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance and Administration the responsibilities of the Finance and Admin Administrator will include:
- Perform accounting activities including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger entries, bank, credit card and general ledger reconciliation.
- Organize and input payroll time sheets; maintain employee banked time records.
- Respond to staff administrative inquiries.
- Oversee inventory of office supplies, PPE and program supplies, as directed.
- Set up and orient new staff to information technology (cell phones, accounts, computers) and troubleshoot issues. Liaise with external IT support, as needed.
- Assist with Inventory of IT, phones, keys, computers and furniture etc.
- Record charitable donations, prepare doner recognition and issue charitable receipts
- Perform other related activities, as necessary or as assigned.
You will be a strong candidate for this position should you possess the following:
- Education and/or experience in payroll and accounting.
- Strong proficiency with excel required.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Proficiency with ADP and Sage 50 software a strong asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written along with great interpersonal skills.
- Integrity and trustworthiness, with an ability to handle sensitive information effectively and confidentially.
- Superior attention to detail and excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently as well as collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME & COVER LETTER IN CONFIDENCE BY September 20, 2021 @ 12:00pm to Jennifer@londoncares.ca
Please indicate the position you are applying to in the subject line if submitting via email.
London Cares is an inclusive employer and encourages applications from Indigenous people, women, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of any required accommodations needed.
Preference will be given to candidates who are proficient in both official languages of Canada and who meet all job requirements.
Préférence sera accordée aux candidats qui sont compétents dans les deux langues officielles du Canada et qui satisfont à toutes les exigences de l'emploi.
We thank all applicants for their interest but regret only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
No phone calls please.