Reporting to the Manager of Visitor Services, the Food Service Attendant will be responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the Pioneer Village Café kiosk.
- Part-time, Seasonal
- From May to October (dates to be determined annually)
Hours/Days of Work:
- As scheduled, up to 28-30 hours per week
- Generally Tuesday –Sunday, between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm
- Weekend and occasional evening work will be required
- This position will require working public holidays
Salary: Grade 3 ($14.00 – 16.00/hr)
Reporting to: Manager of Visitor Services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Manager of Visitor Services, prepare and maintain self-serve food options daily;
- Assist customers with food service;
- Maintain control of inventory and plan for ordering of food and beverages with Manager of Visitor Services;
- Providing Cashier Services;
- Clearing tables and keeping food service areas clean;
- Provide feedback to the Manager of Visitor Services regarding customer experience and food & menu quality;
- Washing of dishes and cleaning of kitchen as required;
- Sweeping and washing of floors in dining room as required;
- Performing spot checks of restroom facilities and notifying maintenance staff of cleaning needs;
- Picking produce from Village gardens for Café use as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A self-starter able to work as part of a team as well as on their own
- 1-2 years previous food and beverage service experience preferred
- Safe Food Handling Certificate preferred
- Previous cash handling experience
- Good time-management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to take direction and willingness to learn
- Reliable, prompt and able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Ability to provide a current Police Records Check
- This position requires that corporate wear (provided) be worn. Adherence to standards regarding jewelry, make-up and other forms of personal adornment is also required as part of FPV’s corporate wear policy.
Standard Code of Conduct
- Positive communication: If there are issues within your program area, it is expected that employees will prepare a range of possible solutions for discussion with their immediate supervisor and be prepared to implement the agreed solution.
- Model Behaviour: Employees will not engage in negative behaviour, defined as office politics, malicious gossip, blaming, name calling or complaining and will refrain from negative comments about the organization, staff or volunteers who work at the Village.
- Demonstrated Commitmentto the strategic direction of this organization.
- Cooperationwith colleagues in own department, with staff of other departments and with partner organizations.
- Contributes to a positive team environmentwithin own department and organization as a whole.
- Health and Safety: All staff will work in a safe manner in accordance with Ontario Workplace Health and Safety regulations.
- Public transportation to the site is unavailable. Staff must have own reliable transportation.
- Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Integrated Accessibility Standards. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. The London & Middlesex Heritage Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village thanks all those who apply, but only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume by mail or e-mail to the address below by Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.:
Manager of Visitor Services
Fanshawe Pioneer Village
2609 Fanshawe Park Road East
Fanshawe Pioneer Village thanks all those who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.