Foster Support Worker(s)
Full Time Permanent Position(s)
As a Foster Support Worker,you will work to provide a comprehensive and flexible support service to foster carers and children/young people complying with Key Assets best practice standards and the regulations under the Ministry of Children and Youth Services.
Some of the core duties of this role will include the following:
- -Assess, and monitor the continued suitability and competence of Foster Carers ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children/young people
-Ensure that carers fully understand the fostering task, competencies to be achieved, and the standards expected
-Provide and record regular supervision to allocated foster carers in line with Key Assets Operational Standards, as to frequency and content; and undertake such additional support visits/telephone contact with foster carers as placement agreements/contracts may specify
-Work in partnership in a team parenting approach to help identify any needs within the foster family
-Complete Foster Carer Annual Reviews, within required timescales, providing written evidence of the level of competence and ensuring that all legislated checks are valid and up to date
-Attend meetings to support Foster Carers, children, and young people
To be successful in this role, the candidate is required to have:
- -A Bachelor/Master’s Degree of Social Work
- -Registration with the Ontario College of Social Worker and Social Service Workers
- -A comprehensive working knowledge of all relevant legislation pertaining to children’s services (CYFSA & MCYS Licensing standards), as well as publications which inform current thinking regarding best practice and the safe caring of children
- -A comprehensive knowledge of all policies and procedures in relation to Duty to Report and Safeguarding children
- -A proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing
- -Must have valid First Aid, CPR and current certification in an approved Crisis Prevention and Intervention Program
- -A valid G Class licensewith a clean driving record and daily access to a safe/reliable vehicle with a minimum of $2-Million liability insurance
- -A current Vulnerable Sector Police Screening and Child Welfare Screening
Key Assets Offers:
- -Group Health Benefits enrollment (medical, dental)
- -Annual vacation entitlement of 20 days per year
- -Sick Leave entitlement of 8 days per year
- -Competitive Salary ($55,000 to $63,760 annually)
- -Various other leave entitlements such as Personal Emergency Leave, Family Medical Leave, etc.
- -Flexible work environment with combination of in office and work from home
- -Generous learning development with plenty of exciting training and certification courses
The closing date for applications is September 22, 2021.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
At Key Assets, we pledge our commitment to valuing diversity and inclusion and strive to act with cultural sensitivity and respect. We are strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations that we serve and will continuously strive to build and sustain an equitable work environment. We will always challenge the norm, ask questions, and keep our promises.
We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, which includes applicants from all cultures, diverse gender identity and expression, race, and others who contribute to our diverse population.
We ask applicants who may require an accommodation to contact our Human Resources Department who will work to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation(s) for the interview and selection process.