Start Date: January 2019
Location: London, Ontario
We are hiring for a 4 month part time contract (16 weeks, 10 hours a week at $16.50/hour) starting Jan 2nd 2019 to Monday April 20th 2020. We do have some flexibility on the start and end dates however – so don’t let that be a deterrent! You must also meet the funding related requirements listed at the bottom of the job posting.
The Host Organization:
The London Environmental Network (LEN) is a network of local environmentally focused non-profits and community groups. LEN works to strengthen these groups internally so they are better able to make positive change over the long term. LEN also works to raise the profile of the environmental non-profit sector so we attract more volunteers and supporters in growing a healthy, sustainable city.
Go Wild Grow Wild Green Expo:
The Go Wild Grow Wild Green Expo (Green Expo) is an annual expo that features biodiversity, environmental sustainability and native plants. It engages over 3,000 attendees annually with 4 workshop stages, over 100 exhibitor and wildlife shows. Together with thousands of adventurers, gardeners, nature enthusiasts, families and green people, Go Wild Grow Wild is growing a green future. This collaborative movement serves as a catalyst to celebrate, inspire and spark action to protect our wildlife and create a healthy habitat.
- You’ll be responsible for supporting many aspects of the Green Expo including; climate action and wild child activity development with exhibitors, and volunteer recruitment, training, and coordination for the Expo.
- You will be responsible for organizing the advance outreach booths and events leading up to the Expo.
- You will help with event management, including event invites, coordinating food, and event setup.
- Your hours will be a mix of office work and event/outreach work.
Small but mighty is our trademark! If you are the successful candidate you will be working in a team of two as you would be working closely with our staff team to achieve both your personal goals and the organizational goals. We want you to succeed just as much as we want to benefit from your work at the London Environmental Network.
Preference will be given to candidates that have the following experience:
- Ideally in a program related to environment, marketing, biodiversity, biology etc.
- Demonstrated use of social media for non-personal use
- Ability to write clear and engaging content
- Ability to design posters, images, etc.
- Experience coordinating volunteers or teams to achieve a goal
- Some experience with recruitment, sales, marketing valuable
- Event planning and management
The Green Expo Support Specialist will be working on the development and delivery of various aspects of the Go Wild Grow Wild Green Expo.
Responsibilities of the Green Expo Support Specialist will include:
- Development of activities that exhibitors offer the attendees, specifically encouraging and assisting all exhibitors to have a climate action activity
- Creating the climate action and wild child passport, which features the various activities at the exhibitor booths and at the Expo
- Recruiting and coordinating a team of Expo volunteers to assist with promotions and day-of tasks to execute the event.
- Supporting the outreach in advance of the Expo by; dropping off postcards and posters around the city, attending and speaking at events leading up to the Expo to invite individuals
- Design of event invitations, surveys and other updates for email community as required
- Participating in local events put on by the London Environmental Network
- Outreach booth setup and staffing at certain events
- Assisting with organizing workshops and networking events
- Performing other similar and related activities as required
- Reporting project progress to the Supervisor in a timely manner
- Between 15-30 years of age; a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and legally entitled to work in Canada AND legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulation;
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and are enrolled currently in full-time or part-time studies;
How to Apply:
Email email@example.com by Monday December 9th, 2019 at 5pm with a cover letter and resume. Use “Green Expo Support Specialist Job Application” as your subject line.