What is an Integrated Marketing Communications Specialist?
The Integrated Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for a wide-variety of activities that support the goals and mandate of GoodLife Kids Foundation (GLKF), with a priority focus on internal relations and communications, media relations, social media, content development, project execution, creative initiatives and effective internal and external communications. You will work closely with the Public Relations, Digital Marketing, Internal Communications, Content and GoodLife Kids Foundation Teams.
This opportunity is with GoodLife Fitness, with a dedicated focus on GoodLife Kids Foundation.
What will you be doing?
- Build relationships with internal and external key stakeholders and GoodLife Fitness Associates and leadership team
- Lead content development for GoodLife Kids Foundation communications channels, eg: E-newsletter, annual report, email communication, videos, collateral materials, fundraising packages, donor communications, etc.
- Develop clear and compelling articles, news releases, pitches and other media materials
- Develop and manage content for GLKF website and marketing materials for signature programs and GLKF branding
- Presentation development and speech-writing
- Align content development with PR/Content/Internal editorial calendars where applicable
- Develop and execute Social Media audit and plan
- Daily/Monthly monitoring and reporting of social media requests for GLKF
- Daily responding and social engagement interaction
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key media in conjunction with the GoodLife Fitness Team
- Achieve positive coverage in print, broadcast, TV and online media outlets
- Daily/Monthly monitoring and reporting of media coverage and relevant social, economic, industry, political and current issues
- Proactive/Reactive media relations activities (ie: pitch stories, identify positive media opportunities, and respond to media requests)
- Media list and editorial calendar maintenance
- Measure and report results of PR and Marketing Programs
- Support/Manage Member/public inquiries about GoodLife Kids Foundation including Spin4Kids and the Grant Program
- Support special projects
- Bachelor's Degree, Post-Graduate Degree or Diploma in Public Relations or Communications
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of experience in Communications/Public Relations with a primary focus on media relations, social media and content development. Experience working with a nonprofit considered an asset.
- Knowledge of GoodLife Kids Foundation, GoodLife Fitness, and the health, wellness and fitness industry an asset
- Knowledge of, and experience with the charitable and non-profit sector
- Knowledge of, and experience with a national corporation an asset
- Good working knowledge of social media tools
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, perservere, be creative and problem solve
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage change
- Deadline-driven and motivated to achieve objectives
- Great team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
- Overtime to be expected
- Ability to travel and include overnight(s) stays
How to Apply
How to Apply:
- cover letter