KITCHEN STAFF, Cafe Connect
We are seeking multiple individuals to work alongside the Cafe Connect team to facilitate the day-to-day operations and execute weekly delivery of effective food services and food programming to address the needs of marginalized, at-risk youth (ages 10-21 years old) at YFC Youth Centre and at key communities across the City of London. This individual will be responsible to work alongside the YFC London team to ensure appropriate facilitation and execute effective community outreach strategies to develop safe spaces that allow for youth to engage in positive activity, get involved in community, and improve their wellbeing.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Report to Supervisor; assist with the implementation and facilitation of food services and food programming geared towards youth and their families.
- Assist Cafe Connect team with serving customers, food preparation, cleanliness of the space, and upholding regulation procedures according to Food and Saftey standards.
- Act as an appropriate and positive role model for youth and liaison with parents, caregivers, and local groups to enhance development of community.
- Foster youth development by engaging in meaningful therapeutic relationships that demonstrate mutual respect.
- Manage program participant behaviour and immediately report concerns to Supervisor.
- Promote programs and activities and assist with special events on behalf of YFC London.
- Comply with all YFC London policies, procedures, and program specific operating expectations.
- Ensure property, facility, activity areas, equipment and supplies are prepared and maintained in working and clean condition.
- Maintain daily records of program activities, evaluation reports, safety checks, and provide feedback for future improvements to programs.
- Administrative tasks include registration, attendance, and observational tracking of all program participants.
- Perform other related duties as needed and assigned.
- Candidates must be 15-30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada (Citizen, Permanent Resident, and/or approved Refugee Status)
- Must have a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) prior to start date.
- Ability to work within a holistic model of care to foster community development.
- Previous experience with diverse populations.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow direction and work as a team member.
- Ability to speak French, Spanish, Arabic or another language is an asset.
YFC has every intention of fostering diversity within and across our organization. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require accommodation during any step of the application process, please contact us directly.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all applications but note that we will only contact the applicants invited for an interview. We are looking for qualified individuals who can contribute to our organization through their unique gifting and skills in integrity, servanthood, partnership, advocacy and excellence.