LONDON YOUTH THEATRE EDUCATION-VISION
The Lyte program is a top quality professional program established almost 15 years ago. With the goal of fostering a love of theatre in youth.
Youth ages 5-18 gain experience in acting, singing, and dancing, in a positive and inclusive environment. Through the LYTE program individuals develop leadership and team building skills by gaining confidence and self-esteem.
We stage vibrant stories that engage young people, challenge them through their formative years and empower young artists to become agents of positive change.
PTAC continues to celebrate innovative and inclusive programming as part of our mandate, by sharing stories and providing memorable experiences with the community at large.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• 3-5 years of equivalent work experience -not-for-profit children and youth and/or arts experience an asset.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly motivated, with experience working independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
• Organized and meticulous attention to detail.
• Project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time-management skills meeting deadlines, often with little supervision.
• Experience in managing budgets, including monitoring expenditures and maximizing outcomes with limited resources
• Excellent interpersonal and management skills, including the ability to work closely and collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders including the general public in an efficient, tactful and friendly manner.
Reports to the Board of Directors and will be required to establish a strong working relationship with the Board of Directors.
Through established mechanisms, communicate with the Board regarding strategic initiatives, financial results and operations. Working collaboratively with the Board in the formation and implementation of strategy.
Visioning of the LYTE program and education and delivery of high quality productions and education programs.
Leadership includes creating a collaborative and engaging team environment, and representing PTAC with stakeholders and the community.
Act equitably and be inclusive of those who have not been traditionally involved.
FINANCIAL OVERSIGHT AND REPORTING
Develop the budget and optimize resources.
Manage invoices and cash flows and financial reporting to the Board
This is a full-time, contract management position up to 15 weeks with the potential for extension.
This role requires the successful candidate to be available to work during the week, evenings and weekends, depending on Theater hours. Hours of the position vary with the need to be available for over-time.
In accordance with PTAC’s policy and as a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Check.
PTAC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and people with disabilities and individuals from equity seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letters in a single file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Director of Development-LYTE. Applications for consideration must be received by Friday August 6th 2021