• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and,
• be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
The London Clay Art Centre, home of the London Potters Guild, is seeking a Marketing and Shop Coordinator to assist with all aspects of the retail shop and to assist in administrative duties as needed. As a key member of the LCAC Retail shop, the Marketing and Shop Coordinator will be integral to the front-facing and behind-the scenes success of the Retail Business Area. They will develop and maintain relationships with members, volunteers and customers alike. The successful applicant will work closely alongside the Administration Coordinator, to be mentored and assigned daily tasks and responsibilities related to retail operations. The youth will also participate in weekly staff meetings with the Executive Director to report and share his/her/their suggestions or concerns regarding the job.
Apart from professional working experience, the youth will be encouraged to identify challenges, evaluate for solutions, thereby gaining significant problem-solving and leadership skills. The Administration Coordinator will provide supervision and mentorship for the youth to utilize the theories and lessons learned from his/her education into affirmative actions.
1. Perform and evaluate day-to-day operations and customer service for retail store includes: cash handling, store display, marketing and promotional activities
2. Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers via email, phone, and in-person.
3. Assist the Administration Coordinator by contributing to content creation for digital e-newsletters, and social media platforms (Instagram live, Twitter, Facebook)
4. Assist with training and scheduling volunteers for the store
• Educational background in business administration, marketing or commerce or experience in retail environment with moderate responsibility
• Previous customer service experience: tactful, discreet, problem-solving
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, be detail oriented, and prioritize appropriately
• Highly organized and able to communicate both verbally and through written work in a clear manner.
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build relationships
• Ability to lift and carry heavy materials, 30-50 lbs box of clay.
• Previous experience in ceramics studio or art-making environment.
• Previous experience working in hospitality or tourism.
This position is flexible, averaging 21 hours per week (schedule TBD). The Retail Shop is open by appointment only during COVID-lockdown but has the potential to be open seven days a week between 11 am and 6 pm. Though position hours will generally be worked daytime, Monday-Friday it is preferable the candidate has additional flexibility to work some Saturdays.
In a single PDF file must include: Cover letter, resume and 2 references.
Please send your applications and inquiries to the Education and Exhibitions Manager at London Clay Art Centre by email with Marketing and Shop Coordinator in the Subject Line to firstname.lastname@example.org
LCAC is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates and encourage Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities to apply. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Application Deadline: Aug 13 at 5:00pm EST
Anticipated Interviews: Aug 18-19, 2021