Reporting to the Executive Director, Duty Staff are expected to assist Site Staff with preparing guests for morning departure from Inn Out of the Cold, St. Thomas – Elgin and clean the facility for daytime use. This energetic, friendly individual will work for a homeless shelter in St. Thomas, where assistance is given to individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
1. Work collaboratively with Site Staff and Volunteers to assist Guests to pack-up, have breakfast and exit the Inn in an orderly and timely fashion
2. Clean sleeping, eating and washroom areas including sweeping, mopping and assisting guests with packing up and storing of belonging. May involve putting away cots and storage bins.
3. Dispose of garbage in appropriate containers outside.
4. Model and actively promote a positive environment at the shelter, where every individual is treated with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- WHMIS training preferred
- Lifting is required.
- Knowledge of effective cleaning methods.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work with sensitivity, compassion and effectiveness.
- Ability to work with diverse populations including individuals struggling with low-income, homelessness, mental health challenges and minorities.
1.5 hours/day 7:30am-9am.
There is a requirement for this position 7 days a week. Applicants may have an opportunity to negotiate preferred days.
Send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with DUTY STAFF in subject line. Closing date Sunday, Oct 20, 2019 at midnight.