We are seeking multiple friendly, energetic and engaged individuals, who possess the following qualifications:
• Diploma in Early Childhood Education
• A member in good standing of the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
• Current Certification in Standard First Aid, including Infant and Child CPR
• Current Police Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Check acceptable to Good Beginnings
• Safe Food Handling Certificate
The successful candidates will provide child care for children ages birth to 6 years of age, in a group setting under the direction of Good Beginnings Day Nursery. During this contract, a minimum of 35 hours per week are guaranteed. Often times there may be no established pattern to work hours, and availability would be required from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, as your shifts may fall anywhere within those hours.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
Your role as a Full Time Supply Educator would be to fill in for employee absences, whether those absences are due to illness, vacation, or other breaks. More details will be provided during the interview process. You will be required to adhere to all licensing requirements as set out by the Child Care and Early Years Act.
Excellent communication skills: written, oral, listening, and non-verbal are essential. Familiarity with the following curriculum/resources would also be an asset, as Good
Beginnings follows both;
• Highscope: www.highscope.org
• How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the early years.
These positions will be posted until filled.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Julia Daly, HR Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we thank all applicants for their interest in these positions,
only those selected for an interview will be contacted.