Summer Employment Opportunity
Thames Talbot Land Trust (TTLT) invites applications for the Canada Summer Jobs Program position of Outreach and Communications Coordinator.
Position Title: Outreach and Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director or designate
Location: London, Ontario and/or remote
Hours of work: 30 hours per week for 8 - 16 weeks (depending on funding), typically Monday to Thursday with occasional Friday, evening, and weekend work
Start Date: May 1st, 2023 (negotiable)
TTLT’s mission is to protect, conserve, and restore nature within Elgin, Middlesex, Oxford and Perth counties, contributing to a stable climate, human wellbeing, and healthy habitats for all species. We manage a network of permanently protected nature reserves throughout this area, which includes part of the Carolinian Zone, one of the most diverse and endangered ecosystems in the country. This unique landscape contains 25% of Canada's human population, but holds less than 1% of its land area. TTLT plays a crucial role in conserving and restoring this diverse landscape.
The Outreach and Communications Coordinator is primarily responsible for assisting with administrative tasks, creating communications content, coordinating events, and creating graphics for a variety of materials and content. This is an opportunity to build your skills and experience in administration, graphics design, data collection, and communications for multiple purposes. This position is primarily indoors and on a computer with minimal outdoor work. Work will be done mainly at the office with some work-from-home days.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning and preparing graphics and written content and materials for social media, eblasts, and website communications
• Assisting with the planning, coordination, implementation, tracking, and evaluation of events and programs, both online and in-person
• Assisting with regular maintenance of website
• Assisting with building community partnerships
• Tracking, gathering, importing, and analyzing a variety of data
• Supporting the development of digital and print marketing and communications materials including posters, brochures, programs, videos, emails, newsletters, mail outs, etc.
• Assisting with volunteer management and regular maintenance of TTLT’s supporter database
• General filing and organizational tasks for digital and print materials
Experience, Abilities & Skills:
• A love of nature and a passion for the environment
• Previous experience and enthusiasm for working with diverse audiences and coordinating events
• Experience in writing communications material for the general public such as newsletters, fact sheets, and infographics
• Experience in graphic design and graphic designing software such as Canva
• Experience developing content for social media and/or blog posts
• Excellent written/oral communication, organization, attention to detail, and time management skills
• Ability to think creatively and develop fresh ideas
• Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff, volunteers, and community partners
• Access to a laptop/computer for this position
• Experience in creating marketing and fundraising communications
• Experience in video creation and editing
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Please note this position, including the start date and duration of employment, is dependent upon funding.
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier-free. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including applicants from all cultures and backgrounds, racialized communities, diverse sexual and gender identities, and physical or mental abilities. As well, accommodation will be provided in the hiring process where possible. We request that applicants please communicate specific needs to facilitate planning.
Please email your application to email@example.com by April 10th.
• Please combine your cover letter and resume into a single PDF
• The name of the PDF should be your name
• The subject of the email should be “Outreach and Communications Coordinator”
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.