Summary of Job Description:
Under the direction of the Pride London Festival Treasurer, this position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including helping to produce financial reports for bimonthly board meetings, financial record keeping and transactions. Current transactions include accounts payable, receivable and general ledger.
The desired individual will have advanced experience with Kashoo and/or QuickBooks and experience working in the nonprofit setting.
(Aprox. 4-10 hrs per month)
Qualifications and job requirements:
1. Proficiency with online financial tool (Kashoo, QuickBooks, etc.)
2. Additional proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office and Excel
3. Strong mathematical skills
4. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, communicate clearly and maintain confidentiality
5. Nonprofit experience a plus
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Work with PLF Treasurer to prepare financial reports, invoices and receipts.
2. Work with PLF Treasuer to reconcile bank accounts and provide reports to the Pride London Festival Board of Directors on a regular basis.
3. Alerts the Treasuer to past-due accounts and potential account issues in a timely manner.
4. Assist in maintaining organized filing system for all financial transactions and records
5. Assists in the development and implementation of systems and procedures as needed.
6.Works using generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)