PROGRAM COORDINATOR, El Sistema Aeolian
Program: El Sistema Aeolian
Campus: Cronyn Education Campus
Spreading Music. Changing Lives.
Aeolian Hall believes that the arts can enlighten, inspire and transform. We believe in universal access to music, art, culture, education and community. We believe that volunteerism is the highest form of giving back to the community.
We present excellence in performance and create revolutionary arts programs to build better communities. To do this, we are brave, rebellious, justice-seeking and innovative.
Music everywhere, everyone.
In our future world, everyone has the highest value for music, art, culture, education and community. The Aeolian becomes a leader inspiring people to connect to their creative abilities.
EL SISTEMA AEOLIAN
The Aeolian is a world-class arts presentation facility. It also has an Arts Education Campus with a heavy focus on music education. Its program “El Sistema Aeolian” is part of a Global Social Justice Movement offering a free, inclusive, intensive after-school music program. The Aeolian is recruiting passionate advocates for its mission and vision.
El Sistema Aeolian is a program run by The Aeolian Hall, a centre for research and development of arts programs with a focus on social justice, social inclusion, and community development.
El Sistema Aeolian provides free access to an intensive, quality music education program to London children and youth. The goals of the program are to remove barriers to participation while offering orchestral, choral, and instrumental experiences to youth, developing skills and helping them achieve their full potential. It is inspired by the El Sistema social development movement founded in Venezuela in 1975 that has been adopted by and awarded in many other countries around the world.
This is an opportunity for musician-educators who share a vision of social inclusion and have a commitment to being part of a social justice movement that believes in empowering youth through the experience of ensemble music-making. This position is suited for energetic individuals that thrive in fast-paced environments and have a passion for giving every child the best possible educational opportunity and who have the ability to engage and motivate children throughout the day-to-day lessons and rehearsals.
This position will assist the Executive/Artistic Director and General Manager with day-to-day coordination of the El Sistema Aeolian program. This position will work closely with the El Sistema Aeolian Administrative Coordinator.
- Assist the Executive Director and General Manager with fund development including grant applications, fundraising activities, donor relations and researching funding opportunities
- Teaching classes
- Coordinating, interviewing and training new volunteers for the program
- Supervise and participate in facility management
- Assist the Artistic Director with Teacher Training
- Work with the Artistic Director on Program Development, measuring exercises and curriculum development
- Take the lead in Concert Preparations
- Coordinate El Sistema schedule for classes
- Coordinate and participate in new program participant interviews
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive/Artistic Director and General Manager
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Eager to become part of and to support the El Sistema Aeolian program’s vision and growth. We are looking for passionate advocates of our program
- A clear understanding of El Sistema including its focus on social-emotional intelligence. Some training in social justice and social/emotional intelligence is an asset.
- Background in teaching and orchestral conducting
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and motivating children and youth in both, private and class environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in music education
- Dependable, with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Passion and commitment for music education as an instrument for social justice. Highly motivated, with experience working independently as well as in a collaborative environment
- Ability to complete complex tasks within defined timelines
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Outgoing personality
- Ability to take initiative to problem solve and strategize
- Team player who can effectively lead and take direction
- Able to work weekends and evenings
- Day-to-day support provided by Executive Director and General Manager
- Reports to both Executive Director and General Manager
- Reports to Artistic Director for program content and development
- $35,000 annual salary: full-time management position with variable hours and the requirement to work evenings and occasional weekends (program run-time is 3:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. daily).
- Bi-weekly payroll with standard deductions
- Statutory Holidays as per CRA requirements
- Six-month probationary period
- Agreement Aeolian Policies: Youth, Confidentiality, Social Media, Communications
- Valid police check
Aeolian Hall will do its best to provide an interview and employment accommodation if we are advised of an applicant’s need in advance of any selection process.