Program Instructor – Part time evening and weekend schedule; 15-20 hours per week
SARI Therapeutic Riding is a non-profit charitable organization that provides therapeutic equine programs for people with special needs.
The Program Instructor has a primary responsibility for ensuring safe, quality therapeutic equine instruction as per SARI standards, policies and procedures.
SARI is seeking a candidate with the following competencies: strong leadership, excellent communication, self-starter with an outgoing attitude, attention to detail, experienced and competent horse handler, excellent coaching skillset with willingness to teach long hours, available to fill in on short notice, strong interpersonal skills to work cooperatively in support of the SARI mission. Ideal candidate will be available afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Anticipated position start date is Monday December 10th, 2018.
- · CanTRA or PATH certification, or willingness to work toward
- · Minimum 5 years experience with horses including stable management
- · Education in related field such as Disability Studies, Developmental Service Worker, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Kinesiology or Speech Language Pathology an asset
- · Ideally 2 years’ experience working with people with special needs
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- · Strong organizational and problem solving/decision-making abilities
- · Demonstrated confidence in a leadership role
- · Able to work independently and harmoniously as part of a team
- · Related computer skills
Closing date: 4:00pm on Friday November 23rd, 2018
E-mail resume to: email@example.com
Mail to: Program Manager
SARI Therapeutic Riding
12659 Medway Rd.
Arva, ON N0M 1C0
SARI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds and individuals with disabilities. Accommodations provided in the interview process for those why identify a need.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
- cover letter