Men’s Mission of Mission Services of London has openings for casual Resident Care Workers (RCW). The RCW will work under the supervision of the Program/Intake Supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Registration of new and returning clients.
- Orientation of new clients
- Monitoring (i.e., conflict intervention and resolution, security, etc.) and support (i.e., responding to the needs of residents, crisis intervention, listening, etc.)
- Administration of medications
- Appropriate and accurate record-keeping
- Distribution and proper record keeping of the Guest Meal program
- Graduate of Secondary School (Community College preferred)
- Experience working within a social service agency
- Physically fit, as some lifting may be required (20+ lbs.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Flexibility and a willingness to respond to the needs of those in the shelter
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Current First Aid/CPR and CPI certificates a definite asset
- Second Language Skills an asset.
Please submit a covering letter and resume by Feb. 28 to:
Mike Toth, Program / Intake Supervisor