Rotholme Family Shelter of Mission Services of London, has openings for many Casual/Relief Resident Care Workers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide resident care in the daily operations of this emergency shelter for up to 20 families. This will include interaction with residents, other staff, community referrals, the general public and volunteers.
- Post-Secondary Education/Training in Human/Social Services
- Experience in a social service position, preferably an emergency shelter
- Knowledge and ability to work with women, men, families and children in crisis
- Physical mobility and stamina for some kitchen and housekeeping tasks in a two story building
- First Aid/CPR and CPI training
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently as staff of a social service agency
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to make sound judgments and decisions
- French Language skills an asset, as well as fluency in other languages
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Rotholme Family Shelter