LOCATION: 871 Dundas St., Woodstock, ON
DATE (CONTRACT TERM): August 2021 – approximately September 2022 (Maternity leave coverage)
HOURS: 35 hours per week
RATE OF PAY: $24.50 per hour to start, with increase after successful probationary period
We are seeking to fill this position with a reliable, friendly, energetic and engaged individual. The successful candidate will be required to possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in Early Childhood Education (and/or hold a diploma that is otherwise approved as per the Ministry of Education)
- Current Member in good standing with College of Early Childhood Educators(if applicable)
- Minimum two years of experience working in a supervisory & administrative Child Care/School Age role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office would be considered a strong asset
- Possess strong task management and leadership skills
The School Age Coordinator provides leadership to the Before and After School Programs by actively promoting the Program Statement as well as the mission and philosophy of Good Beginnings Day Nursery Woodstock Inc.. Under the direction of the School Age Supervisor and Executive Director, the School Age Coordinator oversees the services of the Before and After School Programs as they relate to staff, families, and the community by observing and implementing the policies established by the Board of Directors, and regulations under the Child Care and Early Years Act, and observing the oath of confidentiality.
The School Age Coordinator will support a positive learning environment amongst diversity to create an inclusive environment. You will work in partnership with Educators, families, Supervisors, and community partners. You will work to ensure that the needs of all children and families affected by diverse situations are being met. This includes, but is not limited to; special needs; physical, emotional, behavioural, and various family challenges.
- Build strong and meaningful relationships with each family in order to sustain communication, and properly address any feedback, concerns, or updates
- Manage and facilitate the registration process including monitoring the One list and orientation with families
- Acquiring and monitoring documentation of all children, and families
- Complete all applications for Enhanced Staff Funding in an accurate and timely manner in collaboration with the Resource Consultants to support the diverse needs in your program
- Work in conjunction with families and Oxford County to manage billing and submit subsidies as needed
- Work alongside Human Resources to ensure all staffing needs, and Child Care Licensing Requirements are handled with the utmost importance (including Director Approvals)
- Support and mentor new employees through their orientation, and ensure all documentation required is kept secure
- Review scheduling needs, and arrange for Supply Educator coverage
- Routinely observe all employees and conduct mentoring and evaluations based on your findings
- Plan and observe the curriculum to ensure it is implemented, maximized, and effective
- Ensure proper preparation and planning for annual licensing reviews and reporting submissions, as needed
- Build and maintain relationships with all employees, children, families, and school personnel including principals, custodians, etc.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Julia Daly, Human Resources Coordinator
Closing Date: July 26, 2021
Although we thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Good Beginnings is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.