LOCATION: Tavistock Public School - 79 Maria St. Tavistock ON N0B 2R0
START DATE: August 30, 2021 (orientation week), then role starts upon first day of school
HOURS: Approximately 25 hours per week September to June & 35 hours per week during July & August
RATE OF PAY: $17.41 per hour(Plus the 2021 Provincial Child Care Wage Enhancement as applicable)
After successful completion of your probationary period, as a permanent employee of Good Beginnings, you will be entitled to:health and dental benefits, regular pay grid increments, paid vacation, and paid personal emergency days.
This is a 12 month permanent position. September to June will be within our Before and After School Programs, as well as any non-instructional day programs (PA Days, Winter & March Breaks) held at other schools within Oxford County. During July and August, 25-35 will be the average hours per week.
We are seeking to fill these Before and After School Age Designated Educator positions with reliable, friendly, energetic, and engaged individuals. The successful candidates will be required to possess the following qualifications/documentation:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Child & Youth Worker, Recreation and Leisure, Educational Support Worker, Elementary Education-Primary division, Educational Assistant, Social Service Worker or Developmental Service Worker
- A member in good standing of the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators(if applicable)
- Current Certification in Standard First Aid, including Infant and Child CPR
- Current Police Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Check acceptable to Good Beginnings
- Current Safe Food Handling Certificate
The successful candidate will provide child care for children (3.8 years to 12 years of age) in a group setting under the direction of Good Beginnings.
They will follow the vision, mission, philosophy, Program Statement, confidentiality, and the policies established by the Board of Directors, and regulations under the Child Care and Early Years Act. They will also be required to work as part of a team, to guide children in all areas of development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Ability to work various shifts including split shifts in between the hours of 6:45 AM and 6:00 PM
- Plan and implement activities based on the children’s needs and interests
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral, listening and non-verbal
- Works as a co-operative and respectful member of the team
- Adhere to all licensing requirements as set out by the Child Care and Early Years Act
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as established by the Board of Directors of Good Beginnings
- Familiarity with the following curriculum/resources would also be an asset:
- How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years
- Child Care and Early Years Act: https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/14c11
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Julia Daly, Human Resources Coordinator
Closing Date: Friday July 30, 2021
Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Good Beginnings is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.