HOURS:The hours vary and are on a casual basis.
HOURLY RATE OF PAY:Ranges from $15.74 – $17.41(plus an additional 2$/hour as per the 2021 Provincial Child Care Wage Enhancement as applicable)
We are seeking friendly, energetic and engaged individuals, who possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Child & Youth Worker, Recreation and Leisure, Educational Support Worker, Elementary Education-Primary division, Educational Assistant, Social Service Worker or Developmental Service Worker
- Students studying in the above fields are also welcome to apply
- A member in good standing of the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators(if applicable)
- Current Certification in Standard First Aid, including Infant and Child CPR
- Current Police Reference Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Check acceptable to Good Beginnings
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
The successful candidates will provide child care for children birth to 12 years of age, in a group setting under the direction of Good Beginnings Day Nursery. Positions are available at all of our 13 School Age Programs, as well as at our 4 Child Care Centres:
Algonquin - 59 Algonquin Road - Woodstock, ON
Community Complex - 375 Finkle St - Woodstock, ON
Oxford Gardens - 423 Devonshire Ave - Woodstock, ON
Parkside - 30 Caffyn St - Ingersoll, ON
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
Your role as a supply staff member would be to fill in for employee absences, whether those absences are due to illness, vacation, or other breaks. Often times there is no established pattern to work hours, and since our staffing is dependent upon enrolment,no regular hours are guaranteed. The majority of our programs operate from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm so your shifts may fall anywhere within those hours.
You will be required to adhere to all licensing requirements as set out by the Child Care and Early Years Act. Excellent communication skills: written, oral, listening, and non-verbal are essential. Familiarity with the following curriculum/resources would also be an asset, as Good Beginnings follows both;
- Highscope: www.highscope.org
- How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the early years.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Julia Daly, Human Resources Coordinator
Although we thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Good Beginnings is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.