- Coordination of Volunteers and Student Placements
Recruit and screen volunteer and student placements internal to Hutton House programs and services.
Provide orientation and training to all volunteers and students ensuring all placement requirements are completed: Application Form, Police Records Check, Reference Checks, Confidentiality Agreements, Health and Safety Training, Accessibility for Ontarians with a Disability Act and any other requirements.
- Monitor the volunteer and student placement program by conducting probationary and annual evaluations utilizing feedback from the volunteer, supervisors, participants and any other relevant parties. i.e. parents
- Foster partnerships with other organizations in the community to recruit volunteers and involvement with Hutton House.
- Ensure volunteers and students receive recognition for their valued contributions to Hutton House. ie organize National Volunteer Week celebrations and Provincial Volunteer Award nominations, etc
- Establish methods for sharing information with volunteers to foster ongoing communication.
- Work as a team with supervisors to address needs and create job descriptions for volunteer and student placement positions including events.
- Liaison with staff supervising volunteers and students to ensure the placement is mutually beneficial to both.
- Maintain volunteer records through computer tracking systems in order to provide monthly statistics and an annual report.
- Participate as a member of LAVA, The London and Area Association of Volunteer Administrators and any other networks/committees that promote voluntarism and student involvement.
- Implement the Volunteer Handbook and Student Handbook and update as necessary.
- Explore and develop ongoing training opportunities for volunteers.
- 2. Community Relations
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy and budget to recruit volunteers and inform the general public of the volunteer needs at Hutton House.
- Develop promotional literature regarding volunteer and student opportunities. i.e. brochures, newsletter stories, advertising, ebulletins, etc.
- Support the Marketing and Communications Department assisting with social media activities on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc., (ie writing and scheduling posts), taking photos/videos, writing stories, etc. to recruit volunteers and promote all of Hutton House in the community.
- Be a member of the Golf Tournament Committee assisting with organizing the annual golf tournament. This includes organizing and recruiting volunteers, recruiting sponsors and silent auction prizes and be in attendance on the day of the event to support volunteers in the completion of their duties.
- Attend and assist with the organization of events to support Hutton House ie job fairs, celebrations/parties, program events etc.
- Represent the organization at public speaking engagements and networking events in the community.
- Coordinate the development and distribution of the enewsletter “In House” monthly to communicate with all stakeholders and the general public.
Please contact us for a complete job desctription.