Youth Connections Staff, Adelaide Youth HUB
We are seeking multiple indivdiuals to fill positions to be responsible to facilitate the day-to-day operations of the drop-in space at the Adelaide Youth HUB (Youth Centre). Working alongside the Connections Coordinator and fellow team members, this individual will help grow and foster an inclusive, safe space for youth (ages 10-21) to hangout, play and have holistic conversations. This position requires an individual that is willing to meet youth where they are at and who wants to journey with them as they face the challenges and questions that life brings. This individual will be responsible to work alongside the YFC London team to facilitate and execute effective community outreach strategies to develop safe spaces that allow youth to engage in positive activity, get involved in community, and improve their wellbeing.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Report to Supervisor; assist with the development, implementation, facilitation, and supervision of safe activities for programming geared towards youth and their families.
- Facilitate large group and small group programs that foster community and skill development for youth and their families.
- Assess the needs and barriers of marginalized, at-risk youth and young adults who are between the ages of 10-21 years old, to plan and implement effective services and programs that will empower them with the appropriate life skills and self-confidence.
- Act as an appropriate and positive role model for youth and liaison with parents, caregivers, and local groups to enhance development of community.
- Foster youth development by engaging in meaningful therapeutic relationships that encourage faith-based conversations.
- Manage program participant behaviour and immediately report concerns to Supervisor.
- Promote programs and activities and assist with special events on behalf of YFC London.
- Comply with all YFC London policies, procedures, and program specific operating expectations.
- Ensure property, facility, activity areas, equipment and supplies are prepared and maintained in working and clean condition.
- Maintain daily records of program activities, evaluation reports, safety checks, and provide feedback for future improvements to programs.
- Administrative tasks include registration, attendance, and observational tracking of all program participants.
- Perform other related duties as needed and assigned.
- Candidates must be 18-30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada (Citizen, Permanent Resident, and/or approved Refugee Status)
- Must have a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) prior to start date.
- Ability to work within a holistic model of care seeking to engage in conversations of faith and spirituality.
- Previous experience with diverse populations.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow direction and work as a team member.
- Ability to speak French, Spanish, Arabic or another language is an asset.
- Six months to one year of job-related experience preferred.
- Some post-secondary education is an assest.
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle is an asset.
YFC has every intention of fostering diversity within and across our organization. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require accommodation during any step of the application process, please contact us directly.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We appreciate all applications but note that we will only contact the applicants invited for an interview. We are looking for qualified individuals who can contribute to our organization through their unique gifting and skills in integrity, servanthood, partnership, advocacy and excellence.