Single Women In Motherhood (S.W.I.M.) Training Program is a not-for-profit organization that supports single mothers in achieving their full financial, emotional, and intellectual potential. SWIM has been a pillar in the London Middlesex Community for almost 20 years and has worked with over 1,000 single mothers. As a not-for-profit agency SWIM relies on the commitment and dedication of its volunteers. SWIM is now looking to expand its team of Volunteers!
SWIM Is committed to promoting, providing and protecting a positive, supportive and safe environment for all its members. We aim to equip every member of the organization with the tools, knowledge and safe environment to operate free of phobias and discrimination. We as an organization are committed to provide an anti-racism environment and the elimination of systemic discrimination.
As an administrative assistant you will be working directly with the Executive Director and are responsible for general office management. You will assist with the preparation and distribution of documents, including correspondence, promotional material and donation letters. You will provide assistance with gathering, organizing and updating information to prepare for meetings. Other duties include: email correspondence with employees, volunteers and clients, finalizing documents, and general clerical duties.
- -College diploma or Certificate in Business Administration, Office Administration, Office Assistant, or related discipline, or equivalent years of related experience.
- -Excellent organizational skills
- -Office Assistant, or a related discipline, or equivalent years of related experience
- -Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- -Interpersonal skills, Customer service, and leadership skills.
- -Self-direction and initiative
- -Excellent computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft office (word, excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive and Gmail, and internet browsers.
Due to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions all volunteer work will be done virtually until further notice. Team Meetings will be held via Google Meet on a bi-weekly basis and are mandatory for all volunteers to attend.
To apply as a volunteer please send your resume and references to:
Job Type: Volunteer, Part-Time
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Experience: 2+ years (preferred)
Work Remotely: Yes