(S.W.I.M.) is a non-profit charitable organization in London, Ontario that has been in operation since 2002. Our organization was started by our executive director and founder, Ann-Marie Ricketts, who was at the time a single mother herself. S.W.I.M. provides empowerment and childcare programs to single mothers who may be facing marginalization, barriers to employment, and living in poverty.
We are currently looking for an administrative assistant to join our team. We need a committed volunteer who can perform a wide range of administrative, book-keeping, and office support for our organization.
Administrative Assistant will be in charge of:
Answering phone calls
- Scheduling client appointments
- Maintaining schedules
- Checking emails daily
- Checking resumes and screening candidates
- Provides telephone and receptionist duties in a warm professional manner in a way that will satisfy customer needs
- Write memos and prepare spreadsheets
- Complete filing, maintain office supplies, and other general office duties
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong oral and written communication skills to provide effective customer service to clients and volunteers in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Computer Skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience using Excel and Word
- Quick learner
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task
As a non-profit organization, our administrative assistant has one of the most important roles and is of the utmost importance to our success. If you are someone who can apply excellent customer service and organizational skills and is committed to volunteering your time to facilitate change within your community, we would greatly appreciate your help!