Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Add to Calendar
Boost your resume. Make new connections. Nominate yourself.
A strong IABC London chapter is built on the foundation of strong leadership and volunteerism. Volunteering for the Board of Directors is a majorly rewarding experience, rich in personal and career-related learning.
The next director to sit on the board in 2020-2021 could be you, or someone you admire. Consider nominating yourself, or another member, to help govern and direct our chapter.
*To apply, please contact email@example.com
This director role ensures that IABC London operates in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Oversee the development and approval of IABC London’s annual operating budget. Final budget to be approved by the Board within 90 days of the start of the fiscal year.
- Maintain IABC London bank accounts, records and cheque delivery.
- Monitor financial standing of chapter and provide regular financial updates at board meetings
- Monitor director expenses and associated processes to ensure adherence to policies and ethical use of chapter funds.
- Collaborate with other portfolio directors to ensure ongoing management of portfolio budgets.
- Submit annual chapter financial report to IABC each February.
- File necessary financial reports, audits and statements as required.
- Train successor to this role.
- Prepare a financial statement for the Annual General Meeting of IABC London.
- Experience in budget and financial management.
- Knowledge of accounting best practices or a willingness to learn.
Time Commitment: 10-20 hours / month
Financial and budget management
Additional Opportunity Information:
IABC London, Canada is a local branch of the International Association of Business Communicators: a professional organization dedicated to fostering communication excellence.