About our Organization
The London Down Syndrome Association (LDSA) is a registered charity established in 1983. The LDSA provides responsive and compassionate support services to families living with Down syndrome – including financial assistance, support programs and services, community collaborations, educational opportunities, resources, social opportunities, public awareness and advocacy. The LDSA is led by a group of dedicated volunteers who are proud of what they do and their organization.
About the Opportunity
The London Down Syndrome Association is seeking to expand our current Board of Directors for a two year commitmentas we continue to grow. The Board member help implement policies, programs, and fund raising activities to fulfill the organizations mission and vision. The Board member must attend 50% of all Board meetings and not miss more than 3 consecutive meetings.
- Help organize events for our community
- Willing to bring new ideas, energy and commitment to the board
- Provide input into the LDSA annual budget
- Being aware of and ready to learn all legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Perform any other related duties as required
Our ideal candidate will have the following Qualifications:
- professional experience demonstrating leadership accomplishments
- A commitment to and understanding of LDSA’s beneficiaries and mission
- diplomatic skills and a willingness to work with diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of LDSA’s beneficiaries
How to Apply
Please request an application form or submitting resume with cover letter by June 30th to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Please note, the successful applicant will require a criminal record check.