Invitation to apply to
Thames Talbot Land Trust Board of Directors
To the community of London and adjoining areas in Elgin, Middlesex, Oxford, and Perth counties.
Thames Talbot Land Trust (TTLT) is recruiting additional members to serve as Directors on the TTLT Board.
We are looking for board members with backgrounds or knowledge in fundraising, human resources, or law (in that order).
Position Title: Member of the Board of Directors
Length of Term: Two years (three-term limit)
- To be legally and ethically responsible for all activities of the Thames Talbot Land Trust.
- To ensure that the organization best serves its mission, by providing governance oversight.
To protect, conserve, and restore nature within the Thames River watershed and Elgin County, contributing to a stable climate, human wellbeing, and healthy habitats for all species.
- To adopt an annual budget and provide fiscal oversight.
- To hire and evaluate the performance of the executive director.
- To evaluate its performance and overall performance of the organization in achieving the mission.
- To establish policies for the effective management of the organization.
- To serve on at least one TTLT committee or take on a special assignment (e.g, Finance Committee, Property Management Committee, Land Securement Committee, Membership and Marketing Committee).
- Upon nomination, to serve as an Officer of the Board.
- To participate in volunteer activities (e.g., fundraising campaigns, property management, education and outreach).
- To contribute financially to TTLT fundraising campaigns.
- To be familiar with and to adhere to all TTLT policies.
Time Demands (approximate)
- Attendance and active participation in at least 75% of board meetings (6 board meetings annually, ca. 2 hours in length).
- Attendance and active participation in committee meetings and related work (6 committee meetings annually, ca. 2 hours in length).
- Attendance at special events such as fundraisers and other events.
- Attendance at new board member orientation (ca. 2 hours)
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Please submit your résumé and covering letter to Governance Committee Chair André Lachance at email@example.com by March 19 2021