Posting Date: Friday, August 27, 2021
Atlohsa Family Healing Services is looking for strategic, collaborative thinkers to join our Board of Directors to ensure the best possible governance and decision-making environment. As a passionate and dedicated Board Member, you are committed to upholding our values and will support and further enhance the rapid growth of this exceptional organization. This is an opportunity to play a key role in Indigenous-led initiatives designed to build a stronger community and inspire social change in a time when it is needed most.
New board members must be willing to attend a monthly board meeting. Indigenous candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. The following skills and experience would be an asset however, enthusiastic, positive, and inspiring individuals who have a desire to develop these skills are also welcome to apply:
• Financial Management/Planning • Connections to Giving
• Sustainability • Human Resources
• Fundraising • Legal
Atlohsa has been serving individuals and families across Southwestern Ontario since 1986 providing low-barrier wraparound services to community members with complex needs, including mental wellness, substance use, homelessness, domestic violence, and trauma. We specialize in providing strengths-based healing and wellness supports, utilizing trauma-informed and harm reduction approaches. Some of our programs and services include:
• Zhaawanong 24-hr Women’s Shelter • Support Groups
• Supportive Housing • Atlohsa Gifts
• Transitional Supports • Atlohsa Peace Awards
• Atlohsa Crisis Line • Food Security
• Indigenous Homeless Prevention • Indigenous Mental Wellness
• Social and Community Programs • Anti-human Trafficking
Mission & Vision: Atlohsa Family Healing Services is a non-profit, charitable organization, dedicated to strengthening community through Indigenous-led programs and services that offer holistic healing and wellness. A community where all people have access to the supports they need to live a balanced life – physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Values: Our approach to holistic wellness is rooted in the Seven Sacred Grandfather Teachings and the Medicine Wheel Teachings. In addition, we honour the following values:
• Acceptance - Meeting people where they are at in their healing journey, without judgement.
• Safety - Providing a safe space for community members, ensuring a strengths-based, trauma-informed approach.
• Family - Acknowledging the unique role and contribution of all members of the family, throughout the life span.
• Empowerment - Holding space for each community member to take leadership in their own healing journey, in their own time.
• Integrity - Upholding our commitment to community with the greatest responsibility and accountability.
Please submit the following by September, 22, 2021:
• A Membership Application
• Current résumé or LinkedIN profile if available
• Email or mail in a short letter of intent outlining why you are interested in becoming a member of the Atlohsa Board of Directors
• Attend virtual AGM on Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 4:00pm – link will be provided to all members
To learn more visit www.atlohsa.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Please send your application to:
Atlohsa Family Healing Services
343 Richmond Street, Suite 109
London, Ontario N6A 3C2
QUESTIONS? Please contact Michelle Baldwin, Vice Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org