We are looking for a Volunteer Director to join the LondonFuse Board!
Who You Are
You have experience with community organizing or engagement and working with volunteers or are interested in learning how to work with volunteers. You are comfortable communicating with individuals from all walks of life and are inclusive and kind. You are active in your community and appreciate good storytelling. You want to help to define London’s culture and lead a group of active community members. You have experience with not-for-profit organizations or are willing to learn.
Who We Are
LondonFuse New Media Collective (LondonFuse) is a registered not-for-profit organization that serves as a treasure map for London, with a focus on documenting and spreading the word about London’s unique culture and arts scene.
We are made up of a Board of Directors and a group of fierce volunteers. LondonFuse has seen many contributing members come and go… and many times come back again. All of our projects and events are truly a community endeavour, which makes what we do so exciting and rewarding.
What LondonFuse Does
LondonFuse produces written and visual content that has three main mediums intended to promote community engagement:
- LondonFuse.ca is our online publication.
- Our Contributor Program fuels our online publication and provides an outlet and experience for community members.
- LondonFuse Directory highlights the must-see places to eat, shop, or visit in London.
We’re currently seeking a community-minded Volunteer Director to join our Board for a two-year term.
The LondonFuse Board of Directors is a working board, overseeing the fiscal responsibility and strategic vision of the organization. The commitment of a LondonFuse Board member is typically 8-10 hours per month, including two hours in preparation for meetings, with one mandatory Board Meeting each month (except for August and December) and voluntary committee meetings. At this time, due to COVID-19 restrictions, our meetings are held virtually. When it is safe to gather, they are held at Innovation Works in downtown London.
All are welcome to indicate their interest or nominate others they feel might be appropriate. If you or your nominee has any experience in fundraising, that would be an added bonus.
- Collaborate closely with the Editorial Director to manage LondonFuse’s Contributor Program
- Provide consistent communication with volunteers
- Organize and host monthly Contributor Meetings as well as regular volunteer-recognition events and social activities
- Lead new volunteer recruitment, providing onboarding and training materials to new contributors
- Be a resource for contributors looking for mentorship and connection
- Identify possible speakers and facilitators for LondonFuse workshops
- Attend all Board and Committee meetings prepared
- Participate as a decision-making Board Director
- Collaborate with partners and bring new connections to the organization
- Participate in contributor programming and content creation
- Promote LondonFuse and represent the organization positively
- Be active in fundraising as needed
- Grow your professional and interpersonal skills
- Gain experience and skills in organization, community engagement, volunteer recruitment, fundraising, marketing, leadership, collaboration, decision-making, policy, grant-writing, and more
- Access opportunities to further develop professional and interpersonal skills
- Meet a team of volunteers who are passionate about their city and pretty fun, if we do say so ourselves
- Learn more about the Forest City and contribute to its vibrant arts and culture scene
- Build your local network of young professionals and creatives
- And more!
Expressions Of Interest
We’d love for you to express your interest in the Volunteer Director position any way that feels most natural to you. Expressions of interest are due by Friday, July 16, 2021. Your expression of interest could include:
- Your current (if any) involvement with LondonFuse or other community organizations
- Your interests and passion in the work being done (or that can be done) in London’s arts and culture community
- Your relevant skills and expertise
- Any prior experience that is relevant to the role
- Any unique perspectives, viewpoints, or experiences that you may have
- Anything else that will help us get to know you better
Feel free to submit your expression of interest in any format you like via email to email@example.com. Accommodations will be made for those candidates requiring additional accessible methods.
Once we’ve received your expressions of interest, they will be reviewed by our current board members. We commit to being transparent through the process. If you’d like to learn more about the Board and our work before applying, feel free to reach out.
LondonFuse is committed to fostering a welcoming environment for all members of the London community, without regard to race, gender, age, colour, national origin, ethnic background, socioeconomic status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.