For almost 50 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of London and Area has been supporting children and youth (Littles) in our community by providing them with a mentor, or a Big, as we call them. All our programs—whether it’s 1:1 matching or group sessions—have the gold standard of mentorship at their core.
Reporting to the Chair of Big Brothers Big Sisters of London & Area Board of Directors, a Director is responsible for determining policies and procedures for the agency, monitoring agency performance to achieve its mission, assisting in all fundraising activities, ensures the agency is in compliance with its legal requirements and ensures the agency is financially stable and sustainable.
· Gain an understanding about the agency, how it operates, and its programs and policies
· Prepare for and attend monthly board meetings; actively participate in Board discussions and decisions
· Join and actively participate in at least one sub-committee to provide support and expertise
· Assist in establishing and reviewing policies that guide the agency in achieving its mandate
· Ensure financial accountability of the agency to its stakeholders
· Ensure the agency has sufficient and appropriate resources to fulfill its Mission
· Promote community support and involvement in agency fundraisers
· Financially support the agency to the extent possible
· Provide mentorship to new board members as neede