If you are looking for a very rewarding chance to serve on the Board of a non-profit that truly makes a difference, this opportunity is for you. Childcan is in the process of recruiting Board members.
Childcan is a London-based charitable organization that provides financial, emotional and social supports to families living with a diagnosis of childhood cancer as well as funding paediatric oncology research to bring us closer to a cure. Childcan mirrors Children’s Hospital, LHSC’s catchment area, working with families from Windsor through Kitchener, north to Grey-Bruce and beyond. Visit www.childcan.com for more information about our mission, population served and programs provided.
Candidates with previous Board experience at charitable/not-for-profit organizations are preferred; however, individuals who meet some or all of the criteria indicated below are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should be self-motivated and professional; experience in human resources and/or legal fields is preferred.
Expectations of the successful candidate:
- Serve a minimum of one two-year term;
- Minimum of four hours a month in Board duties;
- Attendance at 11 (approx.) Board meetings during the year;
- Willingness to share your time, talents and compassion;
- Attendance at key Childcan events; and
- Promotion of Childcan and its key events throughout Childcan’s catchment area.
How to apply:
By November 20, please forward your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest in serving on Childcan’s Board of Directors to Adam Brock, Board Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org