Our mission is the attainment of a society in which persons with learning disabilities are enabled to reach their potential. We further believe that persons with learning disabilities can succeed when coping strategies and accommodations are developed.
Services & Programs
LDA – London Region currently offers the following areas of service to the community around issues involving learning disabilities and/or AD/HD: Resource Consultation; Advocacy; Student Support Programs; Educational Workshops; Community Education; Support Groups – Adult AD/HD, Parent; Resource Library; Volunteer Placements.
Board Director Recruitment
We are looking for new members for our Board of Directors at the Learning Disabilities Association – London Region. Potential candidates should have an interest in the area of learning disabilities and/or AD/HD, and ideally also have experience in one of the following areas: communications/social networking; fundraising; or marketing/public relations.
Board Member Expectations:
• Act as an ambassador for the agency
• Become a member of our LDA-London Region Chapter
• Become oriented to agency programs/services; board and agency policies and protocols
• Attend board meetings as a voting member
• Participate on board committees
• Participate in strategic, fundraising and board planning
• Assist with fundraising events
• Attend the Annual General Meeting
• Comply with Board Governance Policies
• Be Committed to the growth of LDA – London Region
If you are interested please contact the agency using the information provided below. We can arrange for an in-person or telephone discussion with anyone requesting more details.