Are you commited to community, social justice and our global welfare?
Would you like to work closely with community leaders in Peru as they build a better future?
Would you like to strengthen Canada-Peru solidarity and help it grow?
Heart-Links Lazos de Corazón is recruiting up to 3 volunteers to join our Board of Directors.
What we’re looking for:
- A commitment to social justice and international development
- Experience in any of the following areas: fundraising, communications or social media, finance, special events, governance, human resources
- Previous board experience is welcome but not required
- Some knowledge of Spanish is an asset
- 5 Board meetings a year (September, November, January, March and May), typically on a Wednesday, from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Attendance at these meetings is very important.
- All Board members are asked to sit on a permanent committee, which typically meet monthly. We currently have openings on the following committees: Fund Development, Community Engagement/ Special Events, Finance, Governance.
- Average time commitment is 1 to 2 hours per week.
- 3-year term, renewable.
- 9 to 12 community members
- One part-time staff (3 days a week)
- Governed by the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act
Please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2023.