Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
Reforest London is a non-profit organization dedicated to partnering with our community to enhance environmental and human health in the Forest City, through the benefits of trees.
We are looking for volunteer committee members who are action-oriented and interested in sharing their voice to advocate the importance of planting trees in our community. We hope to appoint a diverse committee and board that brings many perspectives and experience to share.
Successful candidates would use their knowledge and experience to participate as a member of one of five committees:
- Trees - Develops strategies to further the goals of Reforest London and the Million Tree Challenge
- Finance - Ensures the adequacy and effectiveness of the financial reporting, internal controls, management information systems and risk management, budget oversight and audit obligations.
- Marketing - Supports and advances the marketing and outreach efforts of Reforest London and the Million Tree Challenge through the development of campaigns, tactics, events and materials
- Fundraising - Raises funds to support our mandate and activities and increase awareness of same within the community.
- Governance - Ensures good governance and oversight of the operation of the Board of Directors as well as the recruitment and retention of Directors.
Each committee with consist of two Board Directors and 3-6 committee members. Committees, through the leadership of the Committee chairs, will assign tasks monthly to support their quarterly goals. Most committees will meet monthly for approximately 2 hours.
To understand more of the importance and the impact Reforest London has on this community, please visit our website at www.reforestlondon.ca
To apply, please email a resume and a brief statement outlining why you are interested volunteering on a committee of Reforest London.
- Committee Member