Seeking Volunteer Council Members
Organization:The London-Middlesex Suicide Prevention Council (LMSPC) is a non-profit, voluntary council comprised of volunteers representing organizations that deliver suicide prevention, support and/or treatment programs as well as survivors of suicide and community members passionate about supporting our mission. It has been in existence since 1990.
To reduce suicide and suicidal behaviour, and its impact on individuals, families, and communities.
A community in which all people are supported to develop their full potential, attain their life expectancy, and enjoy a positive quality of life
1. To provide public awareness, community education, and advocacy in regard to suicide risk and prevention.
2. To provide opportunities for skill development that address suicide awareness, intervention, support, and treatment.
3. To support the appropriate allocation of resources for a full range of consumer-centered services to individuals and families.
4. To eliminate stigma and discrimination experienced by individuals who have attempted suicide or the family members of those who have died by suicide.
5. To promote and support collaboration among service providers.
Position Descriptions:The LMSPC is seeking volunteer applications for the following positions-
Chair, Secretary and General Council Members
We are seeking members who are committed to supporting the Mission and activities of the London-Middlesex Suicide Prevention Council. The LMSPC is committed to diversity. We are actively recruiting volunteers who reflect and represent the community we serve. We would welcome applications for general membership from the following groups:
Indigenous/First Nation Community
Youth over 16
Individuals with Disabilities
Residents of Rural Communities
Individuals with Lived Experience of Suicide Struggle or Suicide Loss
Faith Based Organizations
Newcomers to Canada
Members may sit on the council as individuals or as a representative of an organization/service/agency that delivers suicide prevention, support, and/or treatment programs or services. Volunteers are required to attend monthly full council meetings.
Please apply with a letter of intent no later than 4:00PM August 26th, 2020. Please identify which position you are interested in your letter of intent (General Council Member, Chair or Secretary).
London Middlesex Suicide Prevention Council
Attn: Search Committee
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. LMSPC is committed to inclusive and accessible employment/volunteer practices- if you require an accommodation to fully participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform the Search Committee.