Position Description: Daya Counselling Centre is seeking strategic thinkers with diverse experiences and perspectives to join our Board of Directors.
Daya Counselling Centre is a non-profit charitable organization operating in London, Ontario since 1985. We work to support the mental health and wellness of our clients and broader community, and to reduce the emotional, physical, and social costs of psychological distress by:
- Providing individual, couple, and family counselling/psychotherapy to those 16 years of age and older.
- Providing high-quality professional services to all clients, regardless of one’s ability to pay professional fees.
- Advocating for community funding to support counselling at low or no cost for those who cannot afford professional fees, and educating our community about the value of shared responsibility for these expenses.
- Participating in community programs/committees that address mental health, service provision, or related issues (e.g., suicide prevention, violence against women).
- Engaging in and supporting collaboration with other service providers.
To learn more about Daya Counselling Centre, please visit: http://www.dayacounselling.on.ca/.
Reporting to the Chair of Daya Counselling Centre’s Board of Directors, Board Members are responsible for providing strategic leadership to ensure the Agency’s mission, vision, and purposes are fulfilled. Board Members uphold the Agency’s values of client growth, connectedness, excellence, inclusiveness, and stewardship.
Our organization is seeking to recruit Board Members with experience or expertise in the following areas:
- Financial management
- Strategic and/or operational planning
- Equity, diversity, inclusion, and access coordination
We welcome applications from individuals who have never before served on a Board of Directors.
Time Commitment: The Board meets from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month (currently meeting virtually over Microsoft Teams). In addition to attending monthly full Board meetings, Board Members are expected to serve on one standing committee. The expected time commitment is approximately 4 hours per month (September – June). This time commitment includes both meeting time and preparation time (i.e., reviewing documents ahead of meetings).
How to Apply: Please send your resume and a short statement outlining why you would be interested in joining Daya Counselling Centre’s Board of Directors to:
Kate Stewart, Executive Director
Fax: (519) 434-3370
Mail: 333 Dufferin Avenue, London, Ontario, N6B 1Z3
Daya Counselling Centre is committed to expanding the voices contributing at the Board level, acknowledging our responsibility to strive toward a diverse and equitable environment that recognizes the inherent worth and dignity of every person. We welcome and are actively seeking applications from Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, newcomers, members of racialized and sexually diverse groups, and those whose gender identity or gender expression does not conform to historical and dominant gender norms, among others.