LEADS Employment Services is a not for profit employment and skills development agency. Since 1986, we have been providing specialized services for people with disabilities and/or employment-related barriers throughout Southwestern Ontario. At LEADS, Employment Specialists work with clients who need varying levels of assistance developing skills and accessing employment opportunities, and/or post-employment supports. We also work with employers who have hiring needs, including screening, matching, and on-boarding, and who want to support, diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as being resourceful in their business and performance. Leads can support training needs and provides accommodation recommendations. For more information about LEADS, please visit www.leadsservices.com
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
LEADS Employment Services is directed by a Board of up to 15 Directors. Under a governance model, the Board performs fiduciary duties and holds oversight accountability for the organization’s mandate and operations. The Board guides the strategic direction and is responsible for hiring and evaluating the CEO’s performance to meeting the strategic ends. This includes monitoring the organization’s effectiveness and service outcomes through a range of performance indicators.
THE POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
- Understand and promote the organization’s mission;
- Keep up to date with issues and trends that affect the organization;
- Understand and monitor the organization’s financial affairs and service results;
- Avoid any potential conflicts of interest;
- Understand and maintain confidentiality; and
- Ensure the organization is complying with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Attend and actively participate in at least 7 board meetings (9 monthly board meetings, approximately 2 hours in length, on the last Tuesday of each month, except July, August and December);
- Attend and actively participate on at least one committee (approx. 1-2 hours per quarter as determined by the committee);
- Attend and actively participate in the annual general meeting (approx. 2-3 hours);
- Attend special events such as fundraisers and community linkage meetings;
- Complete on line board training and attend new board member orientation (approx. 2-3 hours);
- Strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills;
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal;
- Expertise in: Accounting, Finance, Law, Human Resources (HR), Marketing, Governance, and Fundraising; Health
- Integrity and high ethical standards;
- Sufficient time to devote to LEADS business as a member of the Board;
- Ability to oversee, as a director, LEADS business and affairs for the benefit of LEADS stakeholders;
- Ability to comply with the Board's Code of Conduct; and
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and work collaboratively.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com (Subject Line: Governance Board Member Application) or you can mail your application to 171 Queens Ave. Suite 410, London ON N6A 5J7 Attn: Board Nominating Committee. Application Deadline is October 31, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. EST.