Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
LEADS Employment Services is currently seeking enthusiastic Volunteer Board Members who are passionate about our mission and understand their governance role in that capacity.
LEADS Employment Services is a not for profit employment and skills development agency. Since 1986, we have been providing specialized services for people with disabilities and/or employment-related barriers throughout Southwestern Ontario. At LEADS, Employment Specialists work with clients who need varying levels of assistance developing skills and accessing employment opportunities, and/or post-employment supports. We also work with employers who have hiring needs, including screening, matching, and on-boarding, and who want to save money and resources in training and accommodation recommendations. For more information about LEADS, please visit www.leadsservices.com
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
LEADS Employment Services is directed by a Board of up to 15 Directors holding oversight accountability for the organization’s mandate, brand strength, fundraising, health and safety and more. The Board guides the strategic direction; hires and evaluates the CEO’s performance to meeting the strategic ends and provides governance oversight to the organization operations. This includes monitoring the organization’s effectiveness and service outcomes through a range of performance indicators.
THE POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
- Understand and promote the organization’s mission;
- Keep up to date with issues and trends that affect the organization;
- Understand and monitor the organization’s financial affairs;
- Avoid any potential conflicts of interest;
- Understand and maintain confidentiality; and
- Ensure the organization is complying with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Attend and actively participate in at least 7 board meetings (9 monthly board meetings, approximately 2 hours in length, on the last Tuesday of each month, except July, August and December);
- Attend and actively participate on at least one committee (approx. 1-2 hours per quarter as determined by the committee);
- Attend and actively participate in the annual general meeting (approx. 2-3 hours);
- Attend special events such as fundraisers and community linkage meetings;
- Attend new board member orientation (approx. 2-3 hours);
- Strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills;
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal;
- Expertise in: Accounting, Finance, Law, Human Resources (HR), Marketing, Governance, or Fundraising;
- Integrity and high ethical standards;
- Sufficient time to devote to LEADS business as a member of the Board;
- Ability to oversee, as a director, LEADS business and affairs for the benefit of LEADS stakeholders;
- Ability to comply with the Board's Code of Conduct; and
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and work collaboratively.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Governance Board Member Application) or you can mail your application to 171 Queens Ave. Suite 410, London ON N6A 5J7 Attn: Board Nominating Committee. Application Deadline is March 8th, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Board Member