ReForest London is a non-profit organization dedicated to partnering with our community to enhance environmental and human health in the Forest City, through the benefits of trees. We are also leading the development of the new Westminster Ponds Centre (WPC) for Environment & Sustainability, a hub promoting environmental excellence, sustainability, health and wellbeing through the co-creation of resources, services, and programs.
We are looking for volunteer Governance committee members to assist in and improve the governance of our evolving organization and our significant new projects. Committee members use their knowledge and experience to achieve the goals of the Governance committee. The committee supports includes Board members, members of all Board Committees (there are 5), and staff. We are looking for volunteers to strengthen our organization with experience in policy development and policy implementation in the following areas:
- Volunteer Recruitment and Retention for Board and Committees
- Volunteer Orientation Onboarding and Engagement for Board and Committees
- Document and Information Management
- Human Resources
- Health and Safety
- We are also looking for a dedicated minute taker for Committee Meetings
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about creating a greener and more sustainable future. You know great community impact relies on great organizational foundations and tackling new opportunities. You are looking for an opportunity to roll up your sleeves and exercise your expertise or to learn and add to your experience.
What you bring:
- Interest and passion for building a great organization
- Knowledge of non-profit is an asset but desire to learn is more important
- Interest in policy issues and policy creation
- Systems thinking to ensure policy and approach consistency as well as matching the right solutions for our organizational capacity
- Energy and fun (volunteering is supposed to be fun right?)
- Commitment to attending monthly meetings and completing about 2 hours of work between meetings
The committee consists of two Board Directors and 3-6 committee members. The committee, through the leadership of the Committee chair, will assign tasks monthly to support their quarterly goals. Most committee meetings will be held monthly on the third Monday of the month for approximately 2 hours. We hope for a 2 year commitment from committee volunteers.
For more info on ReForest London and our impact on our community, visit reforestlondon.ca and for info on our new Environment and Sustainability Centre, see westminsterpondscentre.ca.
We hope to appoint a diverse committee and board that brings many perspectives and experience to share. To apply, please email a resume and a brief statement outlining why you are interested in this opportunity to committee member James Heskin at firstname.lastname@example.org.