Candidates with previous Board experience at charitable/not-for-profit organizations are preferred; however individuals who meet some or all of the criteria indicated below are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should be self-motivated and professional, and ideally have experience in one or more of the following areas: governance; management/strategic planning; evaluation/performance management; fundraising; government relations; finance/accounting; legal or regulatory; human resources or recruitment & retention; information technology; privacy/security; communications/marketing; veterinary or animal care, and specialized skills as needed.
Expectations of the successful candidate:
- Serve a minimum of one, two-year term to a maximum of two, two-year terms;
- Serve on at least one committee*;
- Charity of choice for philanthropic giving (Leadership level is $1000)
- Minimum of 4 hours a month in Board duties;
- Attendance at 11 (approx) Board meetings during the year;
- Willingness to share your time, talent and treasure;
- Attendance at key HSLM events
- Promotion of HSLM at industry and charity events in the city as needed.