If you have an expertise in marketing, human resources, production, information technology, sales, management, finance, and/or leadership and have a passion for helping youth reach their potential, this is the ideal volunteer opportunity for you!
Partnered with a team of other volunteers, a JA Company Program Volunteer becomes a business advisor, role model, and facilitator for a group of 10-15 high school students. You will help foster their entrepreneurial spirit and support them through an 18-week entrepreneurial journey in which students create, run, and liquidate a real start-up business. Key learning areas include leadership, communication, problem-solving, team building, time management, and basic financial and accounting principles. Resources, training, and support for all volunteers are provided by JA.
Company Program begins the week of November 15thand runs for 18 weekly sessions. You choose to commit to Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday evenings with the program running from 6:00 - 8:00pm. Training will be provided to all volunteers in late October.
NEW for 2021-2022! Are you a skilled trades or technology professional? We are recruiting Company Program Mentors from a wide range of professions within the growing skilled trades and technology industries for a select number of programs this year.
- - Attend an orientation and training session in late October
- - Independent program preparation
- - Facilitate the program using JA provided materials
- - Be actively involved with the program to ensure maximum benefit
- - Participate in Company Program events as possible (i.e. sales events, pitch competition, end of year awards)
- - Supervise students during program hours and provide consultation on their business
- - Provide feedback to JA