If you have an expertise in marketing, human resources, production, information technology, sales, management, finance, and/or leadership to share and have a passion for helping youth reach their potential, this is the ideal volunteer opportunity for you!
Work with a team of volunteer mentors to foster the entrepreneurial spirit in a group of 15 - 20 high school students as they plan and operate their own small company. Students establish goals, raise capital, prepare a business plan, manufacture a product or provide a service, develop marketing and sales strategies, liquidate the company, distribute dividends and issue a shareholders' report. Key learning areas include leadership, communication, problem-solving, team building, time management, and basic financial and accounting principals.
Training will take place in prior to the program starting, with the program beginning in late November and running virtually for 18 weekly sessions. You choose to commit to Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday evenings with the program running from 6:00 - 8:00pm.
- - Attend an orientation and training session
- - Independent program preparation
- - Facilitate the program using JA provided materials
- - Be actively involved with the program to ensure maximum benefit
- - Participate in Company Program events as possible (i.e. sales events, pitch competition, end of year awards)
- - Supervise students during program hours and provide consultation on their business
- - Provide feedback to JA