The Home County Folk League (HCFL) was founded in 1974, and launched its first Home County Folk Festival that summer in downtown London at Victoria Park. The League has been organizing this admission by donation Festival (now called the Home County Music & Art Festival) since then and we are moving towards our 50th Festival in 2025. This makes us the longest running, free, festival in London.
The HCFL is looking for people to build on the success of the past 47 years and move us into the future. The London of 1974 is not the London of 2023. Our city is changing and we must evolve with it to make the Festival an ongoing success. To that end, we are looking for big thinkers with fresh ideas. People who aren’t afraid to get to work. People with diverse backgrounds and experience. People who are looking to give back to the community where they live. Is this you??
The Home County Folk League is governed by an eleven-person Board of Directors that is elected by the League’s membership.
Briefly, here is what is expected of Board Members:
- To promote, endorse and work diligently to achieve the Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan.
- Attend Board meetings, typically held the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 7-9pm. Meetings are held every month except July and December.
- Review, understand and comply with governance policies and relevant operational policies.
- Actively participate in at least one board committee and follow through on commitments and assignments.
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of the Home County Music and Art Festival, typically the 3rd weekend in July.
- Engage with the business of the organization, including communicating effectively through electronic means.
- Attend the Annual General Meeting of the membership.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please complete the application on our website. Voting to elect new Board Member is at our Annual General Meeting on November 22, 2023. If you have any questions about the process or application, please email us today!