The Canadian Cancer Society is a national, community of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.
In your role, you will be helping the Canadian Cancer Society respond to community needs by being the first contact in the office setting and engaging in all administrative processes.
What is Involved?
Working in partnership with Canadian Cancer Society staff you will take responsibility for a regular scheduled four hour shift each week during which you will cover telephones, walk in inquiries and necessary administrative duties.
- Office duties as required, including mail sorting and preparation, data entry, filing and photocopying.
- Providing first point of contact at reception and steering inquiries to the appropriate staff or department of the Cancer Society.
- Acting as an ambassador for the Canadian Cancer Society, providing resources and support when inquiries are made, in person, by phone and online as necessary.
Time Commitment: (Ongoing)
This is an onging position throughout the year. The expectation is that you will commit to one day a week.
What you bring to this position:
You are excited and motivated to a force in the face of cancer by supporting the efforts of your local office. Your familiarity with Microsoft Office and strong customer service skills will enhance the front desk experience for those who come to the office. Community minded and organized, you look forward to an opportunity to have a positive impact on the journey of those impacted by cancer.
- Be a member of a successful team helping to create a world where no one fears cancer.
- Have a positive impact in your community, foster growth and personal professional development.
- Receive training and participate in learning opportunities to strengthen personal skills.
If you feel you are a good fit, we would love to begin a conversation with you. Please complete a Volunteer Application Form and in the box marked 'other', please indicate the title of this position.
Thank you for your interest and support!
For more information, please contact:
Anita Looby, Volunteer Engagement Coordinator