Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national, community of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.
In your role, you will be helping the Canadian Cancer Society raise funds for cancer research and support for people living with cancer, family members and friends.
Get to know what Relay For Life is about! Watch this Video, Relay For Life - It's a Journey. Go the Distance.
What is involved?
Assist with the planning of all the on-track activities, creating an enjoyable, memorable and engaging event experience for all Relay For Life participants. By working collaboratively with your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner and the Relay For Life Event Chair, you will prospect and establish on track activities. Activities should be fun, interactive, and appropriate for all age groups, keeping aligned with lap themes and the overall objective of keeping participants engaged on the track.
- Prospect and connect with Activity Partners and share warm leads with your staff partner in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that your staff partner is informed of any and all fees or costs associated activities.
- Work alongside staff partner and other volunteers on event day to ensure activities are executed smoothly.
- Meet and greet volunteers and participants as they arrive.
- Help to set up and tear down any activities supplies, props, etc.
- Provide weekly updates to committee members and staff partners.
Time Commitment: (Early Fall - July, 2019)
The Activities Lead will attend monthly meetings and provide updates on their sub-committee. The sub-committee will meet as determined by the Lead in collaboration with the staff partner and Chair. Committed to providing hands-on leadership throughout the actual day of event.
What you bring to this Leadership Position:
You are experienced in planning events and working with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds. You have a strong personal network and an enthusiastic creative side. You will be comfortable making fundraising asks and recruiting new participants.
- Be a member of a successful team helping to create a world where no one fears cancer.
- Apply your skills and experience to promote Relay For Life in your community.
- Gain leadership experience, public speaking and networking opportunities.
- Have a positive impact in your community.
- Be part of an event that fosters community giving and generosity.
- Get training and learning opportunities to strengthen personal skills.
- Have Fun!
If you feel you are a fit, we would love to have a conversation, please complete the Volunteer Application Form Please include the title of this position in the box marked 'other'.
Thank you for your interest and support!
- Committee Member
- Companion / Visitor
- Event Planning
- Fundraiser / Donations
- Public Relations