Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national, community of volunteers who mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.
In your role, you will be helping the Canadian Cancer Society raise funds for cancer research and support for people living with cancer, family members and friends. Your strong leadership skills and organizational guidance will lead the committee to reaching not only the financial goal but also to strengthen the fight against cancer.
Get to know what Relay For Life is about! Watch this Video, Relay For Life – It’s a Journey. Go the Distance.
What is Involved?
Working in partnership with your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner and the Relay For Life committee, you will provide leadership, support and guidance in planning and executing this event. Your role involves working collaboratively with your staff partner to help shape the strategic direction of the Relay For Life event which includes identifying opportunities for event growth and success.
- Work collaboratively with your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner and the Relay For Life committee members, providing leadership support and guidance in planning and holding this event.
- Serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for the Canadian Cancer Society and Relay For Life at team rallies, community events and on event day, as well as by providing weekly updates to committee members and staff partners.
- Encourage strong communication channels by being responsive to inquiries from your staff partner and the committee leads and providing weekly updates.
- Identify and assist with any gaps or areas for growth with your staff partner and the committee leads.
- Work with your staff partner to facilitate the post-event wrap up and event evaluation process.
- As event ambassador, promote online participant and team registrations, participant fundraising, and community sponsorships, as well as volunteer participation for the event success.
Time Commitment: (Early Fall - July 2019)
The Chair/Co Chair in collaboration with the staff partner will organize and lead monthly meetings. Additional time to achieve specific outcomes may be required, and at times, sub-committee support. Committed to providing hands-on leadership throughout the actual day of event.
What you bring to this Leadership Position:
You are excited and motivated to fight back against cancer by raising funds and awareness for the Canadian Cancer Society and providing leadership to a core group of people. You have strong communication skills and are comfortable presenting to large and small groups. Your dynamic, friendly personality will encourage others as they engage with Relay.
- Be a member of a successful team helping to create a world where no one fears cancer.
- Have a positive impact in your community, foster growth and professional development of your fellow committee members.
- Receive training and participate in learning opportunities to strengthen personal skills.
- Apply your skills and experience to promote Relay For Life in your community.
- Share your leadership experience, public speaking and networking opportunities.
- Be part of an event that fosters community giving and generosity.
- Have Fun!
If you feel you are a good fit, we would love to begin a conversation with you. Please complete a Volunteer Application Form indicating in the box marked 'other' the title of this position.
Thank you for your interest and support!
- Committee Member
- Communications / Writing
- Event Planning
- Fundraiser / Donations
- Public Relations