Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.
In your role, you will be helping the Canadian Cancer Society raise funds for cancer research and support for people living with cancer, family members and friends. Your strong leadership skills and organizational guidance will lead this sub-committee to reaching not only the financial goal, but also strengthen the fight against cancer.
Learn more about Relay For Life. Watch this Video: Relay For Life, It's a Journey. Go the Distance.
What is Involved:
By utilizing your personal and professional networks you will assist in securing food and beverage donations to compliment items provided by the Canadian Cancer Society. Working collaboratively with your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner and the Relay For Life Event Chair your role involves prospecting food and beverage leads and contacts and sharing those connections with your Canadian Cancer Society Staff Partner.
- Assist in securing food and beverage donations to compliment items provided by the Canadian Cancer Society.
- Research companies to approach for food and beverage donations and adhere to the Society’s prospect clearance process.
- Work with your staff partner to mail out food and beverage donation solicitation letters and complete follow-up calls.
- Ensure Canadian Cancer Society staff partner is informed of any and all fees or costs associated with the prospected food and beverage.
- Work alongside Canadian Cancer Society staff partner and other volunteers on event day to ensure food and beverages areas are set up and executed smoothly.
- Meet and greet all food and beverage donation drop offs as they arrive.
- Support CCS staff partner with event day set-up of food and beverage area, ensuring that health and safety requirements are met and that respective signage is visible regarding the distribution and preparation of food and beverages at the event.
- Ensure necessary clean-up of all food and beverage items and coordinate pick up of all leftover perishable items by a local food bank.
Time Commitment: (Early Fall - July 2019)
Full participation in monthly meetings. Additional meetings and follow up with possible donors. Committed to providing hands-on leadership throughout the day of the event.
What You Bring to this Position: You are excited and motivated to fight back against cancer by raising funds and awareness for the Canadian Cancer Society. You are comfortable establishing new relationships and making requests for donations and support. Experience in the food and beverage industry and/or customer service will be an asset.
- Be a member of a successful team helping to create a world where no one fears cancer.
- Apply your skills and experience to promote Relay For Life in your community.
- Gain leadership experience, public speaking and networking opportunities.
- Have a positive impact in your community.
- Be part of an event that fosters community giving and generosity.
- Get training and learning opportunities to strengthen personal skills.
- Have Fun!
If you feel you are a fit, we would love to have a conversation, please complete the Volunteer Application Form. Please include the title of this position in the box marked 'other'.
Thank you for your interest and support!
- Committee Member
- Communications / Writing
- Event Planning
- Fundraiser / Donations
- Public Relations