Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
At the Canadian Cancer Society, we are committed to improving and saving lives. That’s why we are always looking for new ways to prevent cancer, find it early and treat it more successfully. It’s why we’re always ready to give people with cancer the help and support they need to lead more fulfilling lives.
Description of the project
The Canadian Cancer Society Relay For Life brings together communities, united by the same goal of creating a world where no Canadian fears cancer. These events are also an opportunity to celebrate those who live and have lived in the face of cancer and those moving past cancer. Whether you are cheering on survivors, walking the track or joining in exciting trackside activities, Relay For Life is an unforgettable event!
- Leads all activities related to the impact of the CCS. (Ex, advocacy efforts, mission moments, program promotion)
- Executes unique and interactive actives to ensure all participants learn about the mission of the Canadian Cancer Society
- Works pre, during and post event to keep the Canadian Cancer Society top of mind
- Strong communicator
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Ability to lead a team
- Committed to the mission of the Canadian Cancer Society
- Team player
- Interpersonal Skills
Time Committment – February–July
If you feel you are a good fit please complete a Volunteer Application Form indicating in the box marked 'other' the title of this position. We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your interest and support!
- Committee Member