Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national, organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.
In your role, you will be helping the Canadian Cancer Society raise funds for cancer research and support for people living with cancer, family members and friends. Your strong leadership skills and organizational guidance will ensure a safe and effective environment is in place for participants and volunteers.
Get to know what Relay For Life is about! Watch this Video, Relay For Life – It’s a Journey. Go the Distance.
What is Involved?
Working in partnership with your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner and the Relay For Life committee, you will provide leadership, support and guidance in planning and executing the logistical details for this event. Your role involves working collaboratively with the Relay for Life Committee to help shape the strategic direction of the event which includes identifying opportunities for growth and success.
- Work collaboratively with your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner and the Relay For Life committee members, providing leadership support and guidance in planning and holding this event.
- Coordinate the detailed organization and implementation of the event plan, developing a logistics schedule and documenting responsibilities and timing.
- Strategic implementation of a set-up and take-down plan with the volunteer team.
- Consulting with all subcommittees regarding needs for equipment, tents and supplies.
- Identify and assist with any gaps or areas for growth with your staff partner and the committee leads.
- Prepare a final report with recommendations.
Time Commitment: (Early Fall - July 2019)
The Logistics Coordinator will attend monthly meetings. Additional time to achieve specific outcomes will be required as the event approaches. Committed to providing hands-on leadership in the days immediately prior to the event, on event day and through the successful tear down of the event.
What you bring to this Leadership Position:
You are excited and motivated to fight back against cancer by raising funds and awareness for the Canadian Cancer Society and providing leadership to other like minded volunteers. You are detail orientated and organized and enjoy planning. Your ability to anticipate physical requirements and potential problems will be an asset.
- Be a member of a successful team helping to create a world where no one fears cancer.
- Have a positive impact in your community, foster growth and professional development of your fellow committee members.
- Receive training and participate in learning opportunities to strengthen personal skills.
- Apply your skills and experience to promote Relay For Life in your community.
- Be part of an event that fosters community giving and generosity.
- Have Fun!
If you feel you are a good fit, we would love to begin a conversation with you. Please complete a Volunteer Application Form indicating in the box marked 'other' the title of this position.
Thank you for your interest and support!
- Event Planning
- Fundraiser / Donations