Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national, community of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.
In your role, you will be helping the Canadian Cancer Society raise funds for cancer research and support for people living with cancer, family members and friends. Your strong leadership skills and organizational guidance wil assist the committee in reaching not only the financial goal but also in strengthening the fight against cancer.
Get to know what Relay For Life is about! Watch this Video, Relay For Life - It's a Journey. Go the Distance.
What is Involved?:
Working in partnership with your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner and the Relay For Life event chair, you will develop and implement a survivor and caregiver recruitment and recognition plan.
- Contact registered survivors and caregivers from the previous year’s event and encourage them to register for this year.
- With the support from your staff partner, ensure survivors and their caregivers receive appropriate recognition and are celebrated throughout the event.
- Work collaboratively with the Community Event Logistics Lead to plan and execute the survivor events.
- Provide weekly updates to committee members and staff partners.
- Serve as an ambassador for the Canadian Cancer Society and Relay For Life.
Time Commitment: (Early Fall - July 2019)
The Survivor Lead will attend monthly meetings and provide updates on their sub-committee. The sub-committee will meet as determined by the Lead in collaboration with the staff partner and Chair. Committed to providing hands-on leadership throughout the actual day of event.
What you bring to this Leadership Position:
You are comfortable speaking in public and have the ability to organize events that include a varity of people from diverse backgrounds. Your journey has included personal experience with cancer survivors and caregivers and you are able to interact in a warm and supportive way, while encouraging others to support the fundraising activities of the Canadian Cancer Society.
- Be a member of a successful team helping to create a world where no one fears cancer.
- Have a positive impact in your community, foster growth and professional development of your fellow committee members.
- Receive training and participate in learning opportunities to strengthen personal skills.
- Apply your skills and experience to promote Relay For Life in your community.
- Share your leadership experience, public speaking and networking opportunities.
- Be part of an event that fosters community giving and generosity.
- Have Fun!
If you feel you are a fit, we would love to have a conversation, please complete the Volunteer Application Form. Please include the title of this position in the box marked 'other'.
Thank you for your interest and support!
- Event Planning
- Fundraiser / Donations