Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.
In your role, you will be helping the Canadian Cancer Society raise funds for cancer research and support for people living with cancer, family members and friends. Your strong leadership skills and organizational guidance will lead this sub-committee to reaching not only the financial goal, but also strengthen the fight against cancer.
Learn more about Relay For Life. Watch this Video: Relay For Life, It's a Journey. Go the Distance.
What is Involved:
By utilizing your personal and professional networks you will assist in the promotion and team recruitment for Relay For Life by working collaboratively with your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner and the Relay For Life Event Chair. This role involves prospecting, developing and establishing new relationships and leads and sharing those leads with your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner.
- Work collaboratively with your CCS staff partner and Relay For Life Event Chair to develop and implement a team captain and participant recruitment strategy.
- Leverage your personal and professional networks to identify Relay For Life team captains and participant leads and share those leads with your CCS staff partner.
- Plan and execute community recruitment events such as lunch and learns, team captain rallies, Relay reunions, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Community Event Logistics Lead to plan and execute the community recruitment events.
- Attend community events and festivals to serve as an ambassador for the Canadian Cancer Society and Relay For Life with the objective of team and participant recruitment.
- Contact team captains and participants from previous year’s event and encourage them to register for this year.
- Together with your CCS staff partner, you will monitor and evaluate your progress in achieving the team captain and participant recruitment targets and goals
- Provide weekly updates to committee members and staff partners.
- Promote online registration, fundraising, and other online features.
- Serve as an ambassador for the Canadian Cancer Society and Relay For Life.
Time Commitment: (Early Fall - July 2019)
- Full participation in monthly meetings. Additional time to attend community events or additional meetings. Committed to providing hands-on leadership throughout the actual day of event.
What You Bring to this Position: You are excited and motivated to fight back against cancer by raising funds and awareness for the Canadian Cancer Society. You have strong communication skills and are comfortable speaking to groups and presenting requests. You are ready to use your organizational skills to help others get engaged with Relay in a meaningful way.
- Be a member of a successful team helping to create a world where no one fears cancer.
- Apply your skills and experience to promote Relay For Life in your community.
- Gain leadership experience, public speaking and networking opportunities.
- Have a positive impact in your community.
- Be part of an event that fosters community giving and generosity.
- Get training and learning opportunities to strengthen personal skills.
- Have Fun!
If you feel you are a good fit, we would love to begin a conversation, please complete a Volunteer Application Form. Please include the title of this position in the box marked 'other'.
Thank you for your interest and support!
- Committee Member
- Communications / Writing
- Event Planning
- Fundraiser / Donations
- Public Relations